Welcome to Lamrim Kadampa Buddhist Centre
Study & Meditation Programs in Modern Buddhism
Lamrim Kadampa Buddhist Center was established in 2009 to provide people in the Quad Cities area with the opportunity to learn about and practice Buddha’s teachings. Located in the Peterson Paper Building downtown Davenport, Lamrim Center is a peaceful oasis in the city where anyone can find the tools to experience lasting happiness and well-being.
The Center is run by volunteers and during open hours there is always someone at hand who can answer your questions and tell you more about the Center. We offer regular classes and courses for both beginners and those who are looking for more in-depth study.
Lamrim Center is a part of the New Kadampa Tradition – International Kadampa Buddhist Union (NKT-IKBU), a non-profit organization with a global network of over 1,200 Centers and groups around the world. Everyone is welcome!
The Benefits of Modern Buddhism
1. Everyone is welcome to attend classes and benefit from the practices that are taught.
2. Practical solutions to everyday problems such as anger, uncontrolled desire, jealousy, and self-grasping ignorance.
3. Simple methods to find lasting happiness through developing inner peace, improve our relationships and be of genuine help to others.
4. Year-round program of classes and courses in 1200 locations worldwide, including many city centres like ours
5. Friendly, relaxed environment where you can meet and discuss with like-minded people
6. Advanced study and meditation courses for those seeking deeper understanding and experience.
301 E 2nd St (Peterson Paper Building) Davenport IA 52801
Everyone is welcome to browse the shop or meditate quietly on their own!
HOW TO FIND US
Lamrim Kadampa Buddhist Center
301 E 2nd St (Peterson Paper Building)
Davenport, IA 528011
Lamrim Kadampa Buddhist Center is a non-profit organization run completely by volunteers. We would love your support!