Helpful Tips for Livestreaming
Our livestreaming is a way for people to access Dharma and stay connected with the community. We recognize that many people may be checking out our teachings for the first time, and we welcome you.
In order to help everyone have the best experience, we’ve prepared a few guidelines and preparations you can follow in order to get the most out of teachings in this format:
- Plan ahead. Registration closes one hour before each class. From your end, this can be a first step in carving out time (much like setting the intention to drive to your local center). On our end, this helps to ensure we are inviting participants who have registered and are following other requirements.
- Designate a space that is quiet and as private as possible. Let others around you know what you will be doing, and ask for their help ensuring you have a meaningful experience during the set timeframe of the class.
- Minimize distractions in the space so that you can fully engage in the teachings. If possible, leaving your cell phone in the other room, closing the door of the space where you are, and not engaging in side conversations (if others have registered and are participating with you), are measures you can take to help you focus.
- Reach out with any questions! Please e-mail our Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (608) 661-3211. We are here, and happy to answer any questions and offer assistance.
We wish you happiness and good health, and look forward to connecting with you.
Online Class Terms and Conditions
- Livestream classes are available for Iowa residents
- Cost of each class is advertised
- Price is per person “attending”, even when multiple people may be sharing a screen.
- Links and codes are not to be shared and will be closely monitored
Refund and Cancellation
- A registration will only be accepted when made online and when all necessary information and payment has been received
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live-streamed class and receive a full refund by emailing email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start date and time of class
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class
- Lamrim Kadampa Buddhist Center and Kadampa Meditation Center Madison reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any livestreamed class as circumstances dictate